Friday, January 22, 2010

My Tryast With The Stage!

i have always had stage fear.. and i know that as a fact at the back of my palm.... i am confident.. i can speak well... but when i have to be there... right there.. up.. up upon the stage... meri badi fatti hai... saali raffu bhi honay ka scope nai chodti! in short, i get extremely nervous!

i don't know why is it so... i just need a damn stage and *bam comes nervousness... today, at around 9 am, i got a call from Deepti, my classmate, that i need to anchor today's event... and i was like... hello.. why... i never volunteered... i jumped off my bed and demanded to know who gave my name... and then, i confessed.. "i have stage fright!"

but what is to be done is to be done... so i went to the college.. made furras (cheat sheets)... and off i was on to the dias... i was conscious of every word i was saying... but for some reason i could not understand why january felt like july... i was profusely sweating... i could feel hot blood running though each of my veins and covering my ears... that affected my rate of speech.. yep.. i become bloody fast when i become nervous...

chill... i said to myself... go on.. no big deal.. its not like you're standing naked in front of 80-100 people... its just a small audience... and in that thinking process... i called my event.. Trends 20,10... sheeeaaaat... the teacher told me twice.. its trends 2000,10... but things went smooth after that.. i read out a lot more than i expected... and then... i had to call upon oh shit.. what was his name again... yep... i forgot my teacher's name.. so i called upon.. a... sir to present a sapling to sachin chawla sir... big deal.. i forgot my teacher's name...

in spite of the two goof ups... and nervousness... i think i did pretty ok... ill rate my self a 5/10... but it did give me a lot more confidence to step up onto the stage tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment