Monday, November 14, 2011

The Waves. . .

Every time I write fiction... the women have had varied characteristics... but there has been 1 similarity amongst all the women I have mentioned... their lovely dark curly/wavy hair... every time a make a woman's sketch... she inevitably always has curly hair... you may wonder why... but I know why... its because even though I crib & complain most about the weight & hair woes... i still love to eat... & i still love the length on my hair!!!

Yes, i am not the drop dead gorgeous kind of women that men love & women envy... but i do have my way around men & i do have 1 thing that a lot of women envy... Being a southie, i am blessed with BEAUTIFUL dark locks... yes, they are unmanageable at times... but i know women who think that i go to salons to get my hair fixed... curly hair is the most prone to roughness... breakage... dryness... frizziness... split ends... the curlier it is... the more unmanageable it can be!!!

My Hair - when i play it into curls!!
Some things that work wonders for us... the curly types include...

* OLIVE OIL... I've heard about it... but i still am a coconut oil person... Southie you see... the point is... oiling your hair can help you get rid of roughness...

* The Wide toothed comb... yes our hair gets into a fight with combs... so why hurt them with the narrow combs... use wide toothed combs or plain & simple fingers... i even twist & turn & play my hair into curls when wet to manage the curls....

My Hair - When i open it post pleating!
* Shampoo twice a week... not more... not less... ive tried a plethora of Shampoos... some bring temporary relief.... but nothing permanent... the shampoo that suited me the most --> Dove Dry Care...

* Leave ons... i used to use Livon... it helps in managing the hair a bit... but leave it & the hair becomes even worse... believe it or not... i have researched like crazy & tried a million things to manage the curly while avoiding the frizz.... the cheapest worked the best for me... body lotion & i really mean body lotion... helps set your hair without damaging the heck outta it!!!

* Trimming.... i love my length... & hence i get a trim just 2X a year... but that is not good enough for curly hair... so i hit a pair of scissors & get rid of the split ends on a bright sunny day!!!

* Tie it up... i keep my hair open in the day... but the hair is the safest when tied up... so make sure you keep your hair tied up as much as you can to avoid the damage... but curly/wavy hair takes the shape in which it is tied up, so be careful about that... i pleat it up mostly, so that if i have to step out suddenly, i can simply open it & i am good to go with my lovely waves in place!!!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa.... I love the way your curls fit your face... I always fancied for such curly hair but it never happens :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a task to achieve... but you learn with time to tame 'em :D

    ReplyDelete