Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dance With Me !!

These oldies... they haven't grayed their hair in the sun... a couple, "ok most," things that they say are true - It's a matter of fact.. life is hard... it's even true'er'... that life gets harder... & what's even more true is... life is hardest when you have to get by it alone! I am absolutely in accordance with these general rules of this world... cuz apparently.. like I say, i mean, they say, them rules are soooooooooooooooo fuckin' true!

Everyone tells you... you need to grow up.. settle down... find someone who is right for you... live a beautiful life with them... cuz when you grow old... ok, older, you will need someone to lean on... someone who will be your supporting shoulder... everyone else around you will be married & busy with their lives, their kids, their parents... & what will you have - Nothing! No one! See, im not a walk with me types, im a dance with me types... i don't want someone to just live with... i want someone to love & to laugh with... i want the damned SPARK!!!

But, it is something to ponder on... what happens when I'm 40??? & all my folks complain to me is, how everyone around me is married & i still am not sure where am heading, so i ignore them... my sister is married & is busy with her kids... my frenz tell me how they are trying to invest in another house/complain about how their husbands/wives don't have time for them/drink too much/smoke like crazy/cheat on them/mum-in-laws are a torture/children are a night mare/blah blah.. things that i am not even remotely interested in!

I'd rather wanna share my joys, when i finally get the courage to get a tattoo... or go scuba diving... take a road trip with a group that dusn mind a single... won a lottery at last... learned a new song... romanced a guy in Italy... who do i share the same with? So... people say, you should have someone to call your own... is that the reason why you should get married? ok... so let's assume, as per your directive, i don't find my guy... but because, life is hard to get by alone, i do get married... to someone who i do not share a spark with, but he still is good, then what happens?

what if it dusn work out? what if he dies? who am i left with then? in case, we still are together... will i even get to do any of these? would i even "buy" a lottery ticket? will i ever consider a tattoo? songs... will i really have time for my beloved Jango??? will i even think about touching my guitar? i may as well never even get an opportunity at a vacation romance, leave alone real romance! so, why, why i ask... should i get married just because life is going to get HARD??? life NEVER was supposed to be easy... why should i give up on chances of tumbling upon happiness just because i'm scared of being alone? cuz, honestly, at this point in time, i am not even scared! so, i'd rather wait.. i'd rather wait for the dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment