Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hyperthyroidism!

In healthy people, thyroid makes just the right amount of two harmones... T3 & T4... these are responsible for our metabolism... hence affect how we burn our calories... & hence how we weigh!!!

now... most of my frenz know just how super conscious i was of my weight... every 100 grams i lost was an achievement for me! i would jubilate & tell all my frenz abt the weight that i lost, untill i became what i consider normal... now i feel normal... look normal too... but since the past few months... infact 7 months... i was on a more than average diet... my frenz know i eat more than an average girl of my size...i am on zero exercise... yet my weight was on a decline! so much so... that my mum who was after my life to lose weight when i was 64... was under immense tension that i may be suffering from hyperthyroidism!

after a lotta coaxing... i decided to google it... & figured... i had almost all the "so called" common symptoms & signs of the disease... i have witnessed extreme trembling, shaking, loosing control & even falling off when standing up immediately... i have extreme heat intolerance... i get so freaky tired, but have trouble sleeping... climbing to the 4th floor finishes me everyday... my cycles have gone for a toss... my heart beats so loud at times, i can hear it... i can no longer lift 10 kilos of atta which i could have a year ago... my eyesight is dipping... hair breaks like crazy (i hate my hair)... i eat so much, yet im putting off... then only sign i dint have is... nervousness... but i have become increasingly agitated & irritated for some time now!

so... this morning... we decide to get the TSH done (test to detect thyroid)... somewhere in my mind... i was ok with having thyroid... cuz its no big disease... just gotta pop a pill & u are just fine.... but the whole problem is... u gotta have the pill 1st thing in the morning & gotta stay empty stomach for about a 1/2 hour... & the 1st thing i do when i wake up is brush followed by b'fast... i will die if i have thyroid... the report came in the evening.. my folks went to collect the same... & daddy texted me "no thyroid for u!"... it sounded like he was giving me a punishment "no chocolate for u" type.. a punishment that really relieved me... :P

y did i blog about this??? well... my blog sometimes acts like my diary... & 2dy is one such day... :P i just needed to write down an important slice of my life here!

No comments:

Post a Comment