Saturday, February 6, 2010

Smile For a While!

One fine day in January 2007... Infy training... It was my turn... I went up on the stage... stared at the crowd... topic... what was my topic... i worked on it last night.. i mean.. i did not sleep last night just to work on the damn thing... im sure.. i can do it... its just that i bloody can't remember my topic... oo.. i hate the stage... i damned forget everything on stage! i saw everyone looking at me.. smiling... n u know me.. when i cant remember anything... i scratch my head... so i did the same.. that had everyone in the crowd in fits.. they literally burst out seeing my confused face and the scratching!

i was flushed... i mean full flushed... i could feel my ears burn... but... i decided to go with the flow... i announced my topic.. "Smile"! woa... the moment i announced my topic.. i remembered my real topic "Rash Driving"... but the damage was done.. i said "Smile" instead of "Rash Driving!" so i played along... and all i could do is... grin at the whole damn crowd... that had everyone smiling back at me... thats when i said... smiling is the only treasure... that multiplies itself by multiple folds... as i stand here and smile at you... you see one smile... but i see 75 others. (there were 76 people in the room including me!)... that had people smiling even harder.. so i said a lotta things.. such as it increases blood circulation... keeps you fit... n more philosophical stuff such as it eases out the pain and sets all creases straight... blah blah... (in the pic, my teeth are not that yellow... my camera was bad... yet, i started brushing 2 times since 2007... this picture made me feel the need!)

when the buzzer hit 3 minutes... i said my last line... i can't believe that i gave a 3 minute speech on a topic called smile and during these 3 minutes, everyone smiled at me except Aditya... how could you not??? and that was the icing on my cake... Aditya smiled... and i knew my mission was accomplished! the room filled with claps... and i was delighted... maam said.. i must say, amazing speech but it seemed you did not really format it properly... said some really good points in the beginning that you should have kept for the end, but i really liked the act.. the acting dumbfound... the scratching of head... it really set the mood... and all i could do in return was... smile for a while.. i mean, i couldn't have had told her that i wasn't acting dumbfound.. i actually was! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment